10 Things You May Not Know About Wheatgrass
1. Nicknamed “liquid gold,” one serving of wheatgrass juice is the rough equivalent of one and a half pounds of dark leafy green vegetables.
2. Because of its high chlorophyll content, wheatgrass has a strong alkalizing and detoxifying effect on the body.
3. Growing wheatgrass at home is easy from seeds or whole grain wheat berries, by hand or with a sprouting kit. Perfect for having wheatgrass on hand for smoothies at all times!
4. Like all chlorophyll-rich green plants, wheatgrass is high in oxygen and therefore an excellent source of natural energy.
5. Wheatgrass is superior to other green plants because it has more than 100 elements needed by humans.
6. Most often, wheatgrass is found as juice but powder supplements are also available and can be mixed into juices, smoothies or water. The best time-saving supplements are from freeze-dried organic wheatgrass juice powder
7. Known to improve digestion, wheatgrass only takes one minute to digest.
8. Even though the word “wheat” is in its name, wheatgrass is gluten-free.
9. The best time to have wheatgrass juice is on an empty stomach and one hour before eating so that all the beneficial nutrients are completely available to the body for absorption.
10. Depending on how toxic your body is, wheatgrass juice can cause headaches or increased bowel movements as the body detoxifies. Otherwise, expect lots of energy as the only side effect.