Leave a comment View 31 Notes
- Did you know?
- 1 ounce (30mls) of freshly squeezed wheatgrass juice is equivalent in nutritional value of almost 2 pounds of leafy green vegetables.
- Soak 2 cups of wheatgrass seeds (Organic 100% wheat berries Hard Red) in water in Mason jar for 12 hours.
- Step 2
- Drain your wheatgrass seeds.
- Step 3
- Sprout the seeds in the jar for the next 24 hours, rinsing the seeds two to three times a day
- Step 4
- Place organic potting soil in a growing cafeteria tray. (About 11-7/8″ x 16-1/8″)
- Step 5
- The soil should be about 1.5 inches deep. Spread out the soil evenly.
- Step 6
- Water with a spray bottle until damp.
- Step 7
- Spread the seeds evenly on the organic potting soil. Spray with water one more time.
- Step 8
- Cover the growing tray with another tray upside down.
- Step 9
- Water the wheatgrass every other day. The soil should be damp but not soggy.
- Step 10
- When the green leaves start sprouting, uncover the tray.
- Step 11
- When the wheat grass is about 7 inches tall, you can cut the wheatgrass and use.
- For about a 3oz glass of wheatgrass juice, cut about 1/3 of the tray worth of wheat grass.